- 1 Large Shallot, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Butternut Squash, Chopped and Peeled
- 2 Teaspoons of Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 2 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Pound Gluten Free Macaroni
- In medium sized pot add the olive oil and shallot and cook over medium low heat for 5-7 minutes until translucent. Add the thyme and cook for another minute.
- Add the butternut squash, salt, pepper and enough vegetable stock to cover the squash.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the squash is soft.
- While the squash is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add your gluten-free Macaroni and cook as directed.
- When the macaroni is done cooking, drain the pasta, but save a cup of the pasta water.
- Next, blend the butternut squash mixture with a blender or immersion blender until creamy. If it is too thick, add some of the pasta water that you had reserved.
- Combined the pasta and sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
- Photo from https://flic.kr/p/dcct5U