- 10-12 LB Turkey
- 1 LB Carrots, Peeled
- 1 Stalk Celery, Roughly Chopped
- 1-2 Large Onions, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch Thyme
- 1 Bunch Sage
- 1 Bunch Rosemary
- Pre-heat Oven to 500 Degrees.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, thyme, sage, rosemary, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper to the bottom of the roasting pan and mix.
- Wash and dry the turkey and place it on the rack and move that on top of the roasting pan. Take the remainder of the oil, salt and pepper and rub all over the turkey.
- Add the turkey to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until the turkey reaches 165 degrees.
- Once the turkey has come to temperature, remove it and cover with aluminum foil for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, plate and serve.
- Photo from https://flic.kr/p/76LgbJ