- ¾ cup chickpea (garbanzo) flour
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Leaves from 6-7 twigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups bluefoot mushrooms or other wild mushrooms (shiitake, trumpet, etc)
- Herbs for garnish (optional)
- To make Socca, combine flour, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, thyme leaves, salt and pepper, garlic and water and let sit covered at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place 9 cast iron skillet into oven. Once hot, take out and pour chickpea mixture and place back into oven. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until top of crepe starts to brown.
- While crepe is cooking, chop mushrooms and sautee on medium heat with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper until fragrant and starting to brown (approx. 10 min).
- Use spatula to remove crepe from pan and transfer to plate. Add mushrooms and garnish with parsley or other herbs. Enjoy!